Tuesday, April 26, 2011

D2D Bobcat and Yeti

I thought it was a great race- the "worse" the weather got the more happy and excited I became. The Yeti rode amazingly well despite his prerace strategy- although I don't think we'd have it any other way. We needed him to do some vanquishing and that he did. I'd say what I enjoyed the most about the day was shooting it with Nate, Mac and the Ghost in between laps. I had made a couple Nutella, Cheese, Honey, Peanut Butter and Sprout sangwiches and I really honestly believe that they came through for me. The other thing i'm kind of proud of is the One Beer Per Lap policy. Otherwise it's just a bunch of hard work- might as well be on a nasty darkside road ride. I'm proud of all the Gallup riders and all the riders in general who didn't complain about the weather. Some racers were lobbying to have the race called a lot earlier- before it even started raining and snowing. I would like to take this opportunity to say what a great race, beautiful day and solid group of people to share it all with. Ok now off to polish my trophy...



No comments:

Post a Comment